WHO WE ARE
WELCOME TO THE GOODWILL MOVEMENT
Gilgit Baltistan’s Goodwill Movement is a disabled-led organization.
OUR MISSION AND VISSION
- To raise public awareness about the situation of persons with disabilities in Gilgit Baltistan.
- To collect credible, authentic database about PWDs in Gilgit in terms of total numbers and various types of disabilities
- To provide support in various forms to the disabled/differently-abled community and give them a voice in Gilgit Baltistan.
- To establish a centre/ centres for skills development of persons with different types of disabilities.
- To establish a platform for the volunteering youth of Gilgit Baltistan to speak about and work for the differently-abled community.
- To promote our ideas and ideals about disability inclusion that we have for Gilgit Baltistan to the public.
- To work with relevant authorities to address disability inclusion within Gilgit Baltistan and work for uplifting the educational and employability status of disabled persons.
ABOUT US Gilgit Baltistan’s Goodwill Movement is a disabled-led organization. GBGM was started as a social media forum in 2019 by its founder Ghulam Muhammad Baig, who has cerebral palsy and currently studies International Relations and History at Strathclyde University, Glasgow. Having been educated and trained in the UK since Primary School, Ghulam’s ambition was to campaign for the cause of persons with disabilities in Gilgit Baltistan.
During COVID19 pandemic he learned that the disabled community in Gilgit Baltistan was in extreme difficulties with no basic facilities, he made a resolution for his lifelong commitment to work for the disabled or differently abled Community of Gilgit Baltistan. Remaining pro-active on social media during the first year of pandemic where educational institutions were closed, Ghulam found a large team of volunteers among whom there were prominent disabled activists of Gilgit Baltistan including Sehrish Kanwal Farhan Baig, Abrar Ahmed, Mumtaz Ali, Abdul Hakeem, Mustafa Kamal, Najeeba and Khushan Bano.